Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a virtual event?
A virtual event is an online space in which people can gather and interact virtually from the comforts of their homes or their office, which would avoid losing a full day of productivity. By using AV technology, virtual events can be as immersive and engaging as live events, and they allow companies to creatively deliver content and share information without the need of people coming together physically.
When do auction bidding and raffles close?
The auction and raffle will close Friday, June 11 at 5:00pm.
Where are the proceeds of the event going?
All proceeds from the auction and raffle will provide students in need tools to succeed in school.
How to Bid
What You Can Expect
This year’s auction will use Greater Giving Online Bidding – allowing for a paperless bidding system. You will bid using your smartphone, computer or tablet on silent auction and raffle items. Also, you can easily track Packages by “following” their activity without having to continuously return to a table or bid sheet.
How to Mobile Bid with Greater Giving Online Bidding
1. Register your email address, mobile number and credit card information on our registration page in advance of the event.
2. When the auction is open, you will receive an automated ‘Welcome’ text with your bidder link.
3. After clicking the link in the text, begin searching for packages by name or number
4. Select the package you wish to bid on.
5. You can Bid the next increment or Bid More than the next increment
6. If you choose to Bid More you can choose to set your Max Bid. If your max bid is the highest, the system will automatically bid in your favor until you are outbid or until the silent auction closes. If your bid is lower than the highest max bid on that package, you will be prompted to enter a higher bid.
7. To "watch" a package, select the star icon on the package.
8. To make a donation, select the Donation button on your home screen and choose a preset amount or select the Custom Amount button to enter the amount you wish to donate.
9. If you’re out-bid at any point before the silent auction closes, you will receive a text message.
10. To view packages you are bidding on, click the menu button and select Bids.
11. To view packages you are watching, click the menu button and select Favorites.
12. Once the auction closes, the guest with the highest bid will win.
13. Under the Bids area you can check your winning packages.
Auction & Raffle Rules
- You may skip ahead to the bid amount you want to pay. The next bidder must bid higher than you to be successful.
- All winning bids are final. There will be no exchange or refund on items unless otherwise specified.
- Should an auction or raffle package become unredeemable due to COVID-19, CRAYONS TO COMPUTERS will turn your support into a fully tax-deductible donation. Examples of changes in redemption include a business closing and not re-opening, or any current social-distancing guidelines preventing the package from being redeemed.
- A pre-registered credit card is required to begin bidding.
- Please pay careful attention to all conditions, restrictions, and expiration dates on items and services. Unless otherwise stated, gift certificates exclude alcohol, tax and gratuity. We appreciate your strict observance of these restrictions, as future donations depend upon it.
- Due to the nature of this virtual event, all auction items can either be picked up from the CRAYONS TO COMPUTERS offices (1350 Tennessee Avenue, 45229) or can be shipped to the winner at the winner's expense. CRAYONS TO COMPUTERS will communicate with all winning bidders after the auction closes regarding auction item pick-up/delivery/shipping.
- CRAYONS TO COMPUTERS will not ship alcohol to a winning bidder. You must be at least 21 years old to purchase any packages containing alcohol and tours of alcoholic establishments (distillery, brewery, etc).
- CRAYONS TO COMPUTERS is not responsible for replacing gift certificates lost. CRAYONS TO COMPUTERS is under no obligation to extend, modify or change items or restrictions on items/certificates.
- Dates for all trips and similar events must be mutually arranged with donor, unless otherwise noted. All reservations should be made at least one month in advance. All tickets in travel packages are for coach travel, unless otherwise specified. No refunds are permitted for canceled, lost, or unused tickets and/or accommodations.
- All completed sales from this event are considered transactions solely between the purchaser and the donor of the auction item.
- All gift card usage is the responsibility of the buyer. Although the gift card and amount is currently valid, CRAYONS TO COMPUTERS cannot be held responsible for unused gift cards at businesses that may cease to operate before the expiration date.
- Auction items may not be transferred from the original buyer to another auction outside of CRAYONS TO COMPUTERS without prior written consent from the donor.
- CRAYONS TO COMPUTERS has endeavored to describe the auction items correctly, but all items are sold “as is.” No statements contained on this website or elsewhere shall be deemed a warranty, representation or assumption of liability. Bidders should carefully note the specific restrictions, conditions, and expiration dates for items purchased.
- CRAYONS TO COMPUTERS reserves the right to withdraw any item from sale.
- Items depicted in the online bidding website are for illustration purposes and may not be actual auction items.
How can I participate in Online Bidding?
Please include your email address, mobile phone number while registering for the event.
What are the benefits of Online Bidding?
Once bidding starts, you will be alerted on your mobile device when you have been outbid, so you can instantly respond with another bid.
Online Bidding Highlights
Online Bidding allows for a completely paperless bidding system.
You are able to use technology you already know ..... your own smartphone or tablet (iPad, Samsung, Galaxy, etc).
It is fun and easy.
You are notified via text when you are outbid and can rebid immediately from your phone.
Will this work for all mobile devices?
Yes, you can bid with any mobile device. With smartphones and tablets, you can browse, search and bid via a web browser. When registering your mobile device, you will be provided a custom URL for bidding purposes. With standard mobile phones, you can bid and receive alerts via text messaging.